Earlier this year, at WWDC 2022, Apple announced iOS 16. It’s the latest iteration of its mobile OS. Apple will start to ship the software update’s finished version this fall when iOS will be coming to you. So now it’s way too easy to install IOS 16 Public beta on your iPhone.
Apple released three developer beta builds in just a month and now the company released the iOS 16 public beta. Everyone here is allowed to test it and also experience all the new features in it.
However, if you have previewed WWDC 2022 and you found nothing impressive in iOS 16 then you don’t need to wait for the updated version for a short period of time. Right now, the iOS 16 public betas can be downloaded whenever you want.
Everything shown at WWDC 2022 can be tried by the public as it’s available now. Users can experience all the features. Many cool features lockdown mode, lock screen customization, iMessage, and SharePlay improvements – were introduced in iOS 16.
However, if you want to experience all these new features before its official release, then you need to follow the step-by-step guide given below. Before everything else, first backup your iPhone. Backing up your iPhone is convenient as whenever things don’t go as planned, you can just revert your phone to the old version.
Follow these steps to take the backup of your iPhone
First, go to the settings > your profile (Apple ID) > iCloud. Now, click on ‘iCloud Backup’. After that, enable the “Back Up this iPhone” toggle button. After this, click on the “Back Up Now” button. That’s it. So, now the very first step is to sign up for the Apple Beta software Program.
Know how to download & install the iOS 16 public betas on iPhone
To use all the newly added features, just like developer betas, you need to enroll in the beta software program. After you enroll in it, install the iOS 16 beta profile. That’s it. So, to do this, you need to follow the steps given below –
- On your device, go to beta.apple.com and scroll down. Scroll until you find an option to ‘sign in. ‘ it’s next to the ‘Already a member?’ option. Note that you’ll need your Apple ID to register your device whenever you are signing up for Beta Software Program. Make sure you follow all the onscreen instructions.
- Accept the agreement for the beta software program after signing into your Apple account. After logging in, navigate to the iOS 16 area and scroll down until you see Download Profile; then, tap that icon. In order to install a configuration profile on your phone, you must first confirm your desire to do so.
- When the profile is downloaded, you’ll head to settings. At the top of the Settings app, there’s an alert about the profile already. So, click on view profile.
- To start the installation process, tap on the Install in the top right corner of the following page. You’ll see some legalese regarding the unstable nature of beta software after entering your passcode to confirm, and you’ll need to tap Install again.
- After this step, they’ll ask you to install the software again. It’s just that the company wants you to be sure about beta n your phone. After the confirmation, your phone will restart. This step takes time so make sure you have connected your device to a power source.
- Go to the settings as soon as your phone restarts. select the General option and click on Software update.
- Click on download and install. Later, add a passcode whenever needed. To confirm it again, you need to click on install once again. After installation of iOS 16, your phone will restart and it will run a public beta.