Status is a status bar replacement that draws an overlay on top of the system-generated status bar. This means that the actual status bar is only hidden under the replacement; touch gestures are not overridden, and the standard notification panel is still shown. It needs a lot of permissions in order to obtain the information needed to display in the status bar. These are listed below.
– Accessibility Service: used to attempt to get the status bar color of the current app if the ‘status bar coloring’ preference is enabled.
– Notification Access: used to get the icons of the current notifications.
– System Alert Window, System Overlay Window: used to draw the status bar above all other apps.
– Battery Stats: used to find if the battery is charging and what percent it is at.
– Network State, Phone State: gets the type and connection of the phone network, and if airplane mode is enabled.
– Wifi State: finds if wifi is enabled and how good the connection is.
– Bluetooth: find if bluetooth is enabled & connected or not.
– Location Services: finds if GPS is enabled.
– Alarm: find if an alarm is set.
– External Storage: backup/restore all settings from a file.
Special thanks to the contributors that have helped to design the app, fix issues, and translate it to different languages:
– Anas Khan: designed the app icon & helped with UI
– Vukašin Anđelković: made a couple status bar icons
– Ghost Ninja: also made some status bar icons
– Eugenio Martinez Seguin: Spanish translations
– Kim Inseop: Korean translations
– Majida Whale: Chinese translations
– Marwan ALsidi: Arabic translations